How Do You Win a Federal Contract?
In government contracting there is no prize for second place. It’s winner-takes-all. On top of that, there are usually about five bidders competing for your average government contract. The odds, as it seems, are stacked against you…unless you have an ace up your sleeve.
The simple answer to this question is to submit a bid that stands out and gets noticed. This of course, is a lot easier said than done.
So how do you make a bid that stands out?
How do you get an edge on your competition?
The key to all of this is bid training. And no. We’re not talking about some video you get in your email giving you instructions on how to place a bid. What use is that in actually winning?
We’re talking about working directly with our Executive Bid Trainer (the ace up your sleeve). They're not just going to show you how to master the bidding process. They'll actually walk you through winning that real-life contract that’s on your front doorstep.
Because after all, the best way to learn how to make money through federal contracting…is by making money through federal contracting.
Learn the Bidding Process
In our bid training program, you will learn the ins and outs of government contracting from preparing your business for government work to crafting a winning proposal that will attract a federal buyer's attention.
Our Director of Federal Bid Training allows you to tap into years of contracting experience.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
Bid Training Lessons are on:
- Monday at 4PM
- Tuesday and Wednesday at 1PM & 4PM
- Thursday at 4PM
- Friday at 11AM
This schedule was set to offer favorable times for Eastern and Western US businesses.
The live seminar training gives you live one-on-one hourly support via GoToMeeting group sessions at 1pm and 4pm eastern. We also offer private one on one training scheduled at your convenience via GoToMeeting or onsite and we also provide proposal writing services. We cover whatever you want to know, for example, but not limited to:
- What to include when you submit your bid (Instructions to offeror)?
- Proposal writing assistance - How to submit the bid properly (52.212-1)?
- What exactly the government wants to buy (Statement of Work or Performance Work Statement)?
- What factors the government will use to choose the awardees (52.212-3)?
- How do we fulfill the award properly?
- What's the difference between "firm fixed price & cost plus"?
- What additional insurance, workman's comp, bonding, etc. is required?
- How much should I charge?
- Can I sub out a portion or all of this contract?
- What is PPIRS, CPARS & FAPIIS, WAWF, IRAPT, etc.?
Benefits of Bid Training
During these phone calls, we go over an important subject in government contracting and work through solicitations sent in by you (our clients). We review each solicitation and outline where to locate the critical information. Most importantly, we educate you on what to look for when navigating a synopsis. In most cases, bids are lost because the submitted proposal did not follow the specific directions listed in the solicitation. Attendees are strongly encouraged to join the session with a specific solicitation to discuss.
- Learn how other clients are approaching government contracting
- Access to a bid trainer with over 10 years' experience
- Get answers to contracting questions you are stuck on
USFCR is more than just the world’s largest third-party government registration firm. We are a full-service firm that registers companies in the System for Award Management, supports their efforts to bid on and receive all types of contracts (including Simplified Acquisition), gets them on one or more GSA Schedules, and puts in place a surefire and government-friendly way to market their companies.