The largest government-wide contracts are procured through the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA Schedules are extremely helpful when a business has their goods and services placed on a listing. In fact, 10% of all federal procurement in the United States is done through GSA Schedules. The GSA has produced over 19,000 Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) in fiscal 2013, in which 40% lead to sales for small business contractor services. Each year the federal government spends $30 to $40 billion on GSA Schedules, which is roughly 9% of the total spent on government contracts. Procurement Officers enjoy using GSA Schedules to award contracts because it is convenient for them to purchase your goods or services. The process works as an online shopping directory where procurement officers can simply order and purchase.
As of December 2016, there are 18 GSA schedules and an additional six schedules specific to the Veterans Administration (VA). These schedules are a great way for businesses to establish long term connections with contracting officers. The GSA even recommends government contractors to use a professional service to help them with all of the paperwork and filing that goes into a GSA Schedule as it is a prolonged and extensive process. Each GSA Schedule is designed to act like a regular private sector commercial buying process. GSA Schedules make it easy to network with federal procurement officers, reduce inventories, create shorter lead time between projects, and provide procurement with more choices.
Our GSA Schedule Program Registration includes the following:
- Completion of Pathways to Success Certificate
- Completion of Readiness Assessment (signed copy)
- Past Performance Evaluation
- Verification of Financial Statements
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Creation of GSA Formatted Pricing List to
- Includes Special Item Numbers (SIN’s), product/service/training/labor category offered, description, commercial price list, Most Favored Customer (MFC), Discount offered to MFC, MFC Offered Pricing, and Discount offered to GSA
- Submission of Discount Proposal Spreadsheet
- Technical Data Verification of Business Account History
- Submission of Company’s Relevant Project Experience
- GSA Course Training Description Walkthrough
- Provided Description of all GSA Labor Categories
- If applicable, Certification of Small Business Subcontracting Plan
Please complete our enrollment form below if you are interested in starting the GSA Schedule registration process for your business.