Company: US Federal Contractor Registration
Open to: High school seniors and students enrolled at and attending either a two- or four-year college or university
Every year US Federal Contractor Registration, the world’s largest third-party government registration firm, gives away $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors and newly enrolled college students. Each candidate must submit a 500-word essay on how the government procures much of what it buys each year. Contractors provide the government with everything it needs, from paperclips to spaceships, in times of peace and in times of war, and before, during, and after an emergency (such as a hurricane or earthquake). US Federal Contractor Registration helps business owners complete the registrations required to serve as a government contractor. Without this registration, the business is unable to provide products or services to the government.
To apply for the $1,000 scholarship, you must respond to one of the following questions:
- How does the government work with government contractors?
- Which types of businesses are best positioned to receive and fulfill government contracts?
- What are some key factors business owners must keep in mind when deciding to become government contractors?
- Based on the last few years, what types of trends do you expect to see in available government contracts and opportunities?
Responses must be no shorter than 500 words and are due no later than May 1, 2018.
To submit your essay, please send the following in an email to email@example.com:
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Mailing Address
- Name of College or University (where you attend or will attend in the fall)
- Major or primary area of study
- Your completed 500-word essay
- A professional photo of you
We will contact the winning scholarship recipients by no later than May 31, 2018. We reserve the right to award more than one scholarship if we believe more than one student is deserving of the scholarship. We also reserve the right to publish the winning entry on our company blog and otherwise promote it (such as via a press release). By submitting your essay, you give us the right to publish it (in part or in its entirety).